Files available for download:
- SOLSYS.XLS (19 kb)
- This is a spreadsheet for use with Microsoft Excel (version 4.0 or higher, Mac or PC) that allows you to quickly calculate sizes, distances, and speeds of the planets in a scale model Solar System.
NOTE (especially Macintosh users): If your screen displays a page full of gibberish when you try to download any of these files, try this:
1) Save the file directly to your computer's hard disk (for example "SOLSYS.XLS" or SOLSYS.DOC) rather than letting your browser try to make your operating system open it automatically for you.
2) Launch your spreadsheet (for SOLSYS.XLS) or word processing software (for SOLSYS.DOC or SOLSYS.RTF), and use the software's "Open" command to open the files you have saved to your disk.
We recommend that you also download and read one of the following:
- This is a text document describing the use of the SOLSYS.XLS spreadsheet.
- This is a Rich Text Format document describing the use of the SOLSYS.XLS spreadsheet.
- This is a Microsoft Word document (version 6.0 or higher, Mac or PC) describing the use of the SOLSYS.XLS spreadsheet.